Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It Is NewYears Eve!!

As 2013 closes so do many things I have worried about through the year.  As always most of the things I worried about most never happened.  What does happen is unexpected, unanticipated, and mostly not even considered as a possibility for worrying. 
All year I worried about my sister-in-law, Padma.  I worried about how we would cope with her health when Bramara came here for Priya's wedding. 
Instead Padma is fine and happy in a clinic in Bangalore and Bramara has twice been hospitalized for serious illness, immediately following the wedding.
I worried myself sick about the Government closing and how innocent people would be effected.  Well, the Government closed and then reopened and life went on with no major disasters. 
I worried that the affordable health care act would be repealed as the Republicans were so adamant.  It wasn't, but the health care site crashed instead.  It is finally up and running and over 1 million people have already signed up. 
I worried and prayed so hard for ill people in my church and community.  Well, some got better, some died, and surprisingly people moved on.   
I worried and hoped that assault weapons would be banned and gun sales would include mandatory back ground checks. This didn't happen and the killings go on and on.  My worrying didn't stop a single death.
I worried about the people impacted by fires, tornado's, hurricanes and earthquakes and super typhoons. My worry and concern not only didn't effect any of the situations but it did in effect separate me from several of my friends.  Not everyone gets as upset as I do over massive loss of lives and ensuing hardship and poverty.
I worried about a lot of other things too, like Srini, Angie, my family and my friends. Stuff happened to all of them yet most are still here to celebrate the New Year 2014.

My resolution, I hope most I can keep, is to worry less and enjoy the relationships I have now, more.
Everything passes and memories fade.  All we each have now are each other and we are all better if we can hold to the present and not worry about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment