Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Day after the night before

Do you feel exhausted on the day after all the non-stop news?  I am a news junkie and have trouble tearing myself away.  I am O.K. if I do not turn it on, but once on it is so hard to turn off.  I have a friend who never watches or listens to any news.  She is nearly always aware, somewhat, of what is going on and if she feels she should know a little more she goes to the Internet.  She doesn't vote either.  She figures why bother, either side is equally corrupt. 
More and more I sympathize with her negative viewpoint.  I do, however, figure you have to be in it to win it, and I would feel guilty if I didn't at least try to make an informed decision.

Every tribe or pack,  animal or human, bird or other critter,  has it's leaders and it's followers.  It has it's middle of the roaders, the unconcerned who relies on others to provide for and protect them, and the outcast who leaves to be a lone wolf. They sometimes also have  a usurper who struggles to overcome a leader and take over an existing tribe. All have their place in God's world and for a time he allows all of them to exist.  Many dynamics take place in this closed loop and for a moment in time various combinations occur and then dissolve.  A bee hive or an ant colony may appear more or less static, but even here outside influences and occurrences can rupture the tribe's unity and cause catastrophe, and new beginnings with different players to occur.  Any student of nature, human or more seemingly structured nature, is amazed by the situations which can and do occur. 
 As a news junkie I fall into this category, more than another.  I always want to know what is going on.  I want to know everything. It isn't that my life isn't already full enough, it is that there is always more to learn, absorb and think about. I can't solve any of the problems but like a person with no teeth I can gum the hell out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment