Thursday, April 25, 2013

Why PooBah?

As I was logging onto my blog to do a new post when Facebook informed me the site might be unsafe.  I had to choose between spam or ignore to move forward.  I began to wonder, why unsafe?  Is it my thoughts and ideas or my name Great PooBah? 
I chose the name PooBah because we put on the Mikado in highschool and I just loved Gilbert and Sullivan productions.  So therefore:
Grand Poobah is a term derived from the name of the haughty character Pooh-Bah in Gilbert and Sullivan's The Mikado (1885).[1] In this comic opera, Pooh-Bah holds numerous exalted offices, including "First Lord of the Treasury, Lord Chief Justice, Commander-in-Chief, Lord High Admiral... Archbishop of Titipu, and Lord Mayor" and Lord High Everything Else. The name has come to be used as a mocking title for someone self-important or high-ranking and who either exhibits an inflated self-regard or who has limited authority while taking impressive titles.
I feel the meaning of this title fits my character and I do not plan on changing it.  So please proceed at your own risk as I am now deemed unsafe.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment